COULD JEREMY RENNER A HAWKEYE?


3 years from today, "Marvel's most ambitious superhero movie of all time", according to EO, will get a startled roll out. Again, if these are according to plan, we will see The Avengers, the group of well-known superhero team will be a major blockbuster! Will that happened?

First, we already have studio's commitment. Marvel Entertainment has enlisted that this project will be working on while setting a 2012 release.

Secondly, we already have list of possible line-up on the team. The list - Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark/Iron Man, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury (part of his deal on the role in any Marvel movies with this character on it), Scarlett Johansson (most likely) as Black Widow.

This leaves Captain America and Hawkeye pretty much unfilled. However, Jeremy Renner may well be the best to fit in the role of Hawkeye, the impossible-missed purple tights archer hero.

“I don’t know if I’d be right for Captain America,” said the 38 year old actor, who’d previously been linked with the role of Cap on that there internet. “I met with the Marvel guys, actually, but we didn’t talk about Captain America. But one of the writers, Zak Penn, we’ve become friends over time and he was thinking maybe Hawkeye could be interesting. He sounds like an interesting character.”

"If I was a betting man, I would bet that Hawkeye would probably show up in Thor, and then be in The Avengers,” he added. “But do I know for sure? I can’t say. But I’d love for that to happen. It’d be fun.”

However, the reality is that Renner is not confirmed by any ways that he will be in as Hawkeye. For one thing, Marvel may well be talking to a whole raft of young, blond actors and decide to go in another direction. “No offer has been made,” he confirmed. “I think there’s a little ways from that.”

“I’m just happy to get considered for big franchise roles like that,” he said. “I’m not [doing the] casting. If they see me that way, right on. If they don’t, I’m ok with it.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post