Some may have already know that Walt Disney is interested in hiring Hong Kong superstar, Andy Lau (Infernal Affiar) to be a part of the casting for their next summer's tentpole, "Iron Man 3". That is handy since some of the plot revolving "Iron Man 3" will be set in China. Yes, indeed Andy Lau was already in final negotiation to be cast last month to play a role, supposedly befriends Tony Stark. News out today is that his newborn baby will be keeping him away. The actor has dropped out due to the birth of his first child with wife Carol Chu on May 9th.
According to Slash Film, Lau’s character was a businessman whose daughter gets kidnapped, causing Iron Man to head to China in a rescue effort. Worst Previews has some more updates about that piece of news as it looks like the production team is set "to replace Lau with a Chinese actor, who is over the age of forty with strong English skills". The front-runners are Chen Daoming (Hero, Aftershock) and Wu Xiubo.
On another note, here are key info that has been confirmed so far:
- Ben Kingsley will be The Mandarin, but he won't be the main antagonist as he will be working his way behind the scene.
- Guy Pearce is Aldrich Killian, the main antagonist and the creator of the Extremis Virus
- Don Cheadle's War Machine has been remodeled to resemble "Iron Patriot" and that has caused some chaos and rumors around. Yes but he isn't turning into the dark side.
- The creator of Extremis Virus is Dr Maya Hansen, a role now taken by Rebecca Hall
- Rumor has rifled towards the existence of A.I.M (Advanced Idea Mechanics) on the Iron Man 3 set. A.I.M is the international terrorist group found prominently in the Marvel Comics.
- Eric Savin (Coldblood) will be another superhero set to appear in the movie
|"Iron Patriot" rumor squashed!!|