EXCLUSIVE: JOSEPH KOSINSKI ON TRON LEGACY

The sequel to Tron, Tron Legacy will only be released coming this December. Joseph Kosinski, the director has threw in some pebbles over to MTV.

On the interview, Kosinski expressed his enthusiasm as the movie will be his first feature-film. With the principal photography wrapped, much of the work now is to enhance the movie in visual-effects. According to Disney, the film will be presented in Disney Digital 3D and IMAX 3D as well as hoping that the audience will marvel the effects like nothing theyt have seen before.


Kosinski described the work on the 3-D as "not like "Avatar," which I think is 3-D from the first shot to the last. Ours is sort of a "Wizard of Oz" approach. Ninety-eight percent of the 3-D is in the world of "Tron." The 3-D really starts once we get into the Tron world."


Commenting about the teaser trailer that debuted at Comic-Con 2008, "The teaser, at least tonally, represented the direction I wanted to take it. That sequence actually doesn't appear in our film at all. It represents a period of time before our film begins."


Tron Legacy will not be a G-rated Disney film simply because it is a dark adult approach for Tron world. "I don't know if I would say adult. There's nothing in the film that would keep kids from watching it. I think the aesthetic of the film is largely a reflection of my aesthetic and what I'm interested in. When you make a movie, you can only make the movie that you would want to see. For me, it was taking what I loved about the first film, which was the design elements that Syd Mead and Moebius [a.k.a. Jean Giraud] did, which I feel is timeless, and extrapolate it forward 28 years. We're saying in the world of the computer, it's been thousands of years and it has evolved."

Music choice, Tron Legacy will have Daft Punk doing the soundtrack. Kosinski said, "I'm a huge electronic-music fan. This is a film where there was a lot of interest from different electronic bands that I follow to work on the film. I felt it was important, just as the first film was so forward-thinking visually and Wendy Carlos' music was so innovative, I felt we had to do the same thing here. So rather than going with a traditional film composer, I wanted to try something fresh and different. I set up a meeting with Daft Punk. We met for pancakes at the 101 Coffee Shop in L.A. one morning. These guys take "Tron" very seriously. Obviously, "Tron" was a huge influence on them."

So, did Kosinski thought about having a franchise? He replied, "Yeah. I think the world we've built here is big enough and has scale to support another story. As to whether that will happen, that depends on how the film is received when it comes out."


That is some piece of interview from MTV. For more, click here to read the full text. Tron Legacy also features an impressive posters. Check this out.


Here is the awesome teaser trailer concept as seen in Comic-Con back in 2008. Again, this is not the official trailer.


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post