ROGER EBERT 1942 - 2013

Green Tea Movie would like you to remember him. Without Roger Ebert, the inspiration to write a movie review will never spark. Ebert is the world's renowned movie critic who has been on the movie critic business long before I was born. He coined some of the most popular quotes including "Thumbs Up! Thumbs Down!" and "See you at the movies!". He started his career as a movie critic since 1967 with Chicago Sun-Times until his death in 2013 - that is almost 5 decades. His reviews are always spots on and he does not hide everything that he wants to say. Many describe him as an outspoken but soft writers.


I came to know about Ebert as early as 2000, when I started to watch movie on more regular basis and he wrote about M. Night Shyamalan's The Sixth Sense. Over the years, I grew up reading his reviews, inside out. Although, I would only agree - let's say 66% of the time with his opinions, he frequently talks about things from the opposite of my mind, and he nails it.

Ebert is a person I admired the most. His charisma never changed a bit even when he was first diagnosed with cancer back in 2002. Ebert succumbed to cancer after battling the disease for over 11 years.

Goodbye Ebert. Green Tea Movie would like to extent the condolence to his family and friends, as well as his fans. See you at the movies!!

"So on this day of reflection I say again, thank you for going on this journey with me. I'll see you at the movies."
- Roger Ebert, 2 April 2012
Enhanced by Zemanta

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post